Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Lesson 1 Reflections
As an English teacher, I was dismayed by the spelling and grammatical errors in Lesson 1. Nevertheless, the content was excellent. While I have instinctively known what Lesson 1 was promoting, it did an excellent job of driving home the point that the youth today have grown up with a tool set which is not commonplace with those of us in our 60s. If we are to communicate effectively with our students, we have to appreciate and use the media through which they communicate. I felt that the eleven page reading was particularly well done, so much so that I sent it to a daughter who is also a HS teacher and a daughter who is in publishing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think that you will find enough grammatical errors in the WEB 2.O world to curl your hair. I know that many veteran teachers express frustration over how online content can lack the basic conventions of good grammar. The freedom of today's internet means that anyone can be an author. I am glad that you enjoyed the reading, however,
ReplyDelete