Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lesson 22 Reflections

As has been the case with a number of these lessons, I made this one more complicated than it needed to be. Once I listened closely to your tutorial, it fell into place. A wiki really is an interesting, easy, productive way to collaborate with others, be they students, colleagues or like minded strangers. It seems to me that a blog is really non-collaborative; it is more of an alternate discussion format, I speak/you speak, where one individual controls the topic and the others follow. With a wiki, there is substantially more freedom once the initial interaction takes place. If allowed by the creator, what is said and what then happens to it is totally fluid and potentially directionless. In my case, I put together a wiki for a class assignment which assumes a cetain amount of restraint on the part of my students, but one that I believe could be be both fun and interesting.
Check it out at http://sites.google.com/site/coolvictorianladies/.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea- Cool Victorian Ladies. I guess I was thinking more of Victorian authors- not characters. I have also seen wikis where students collaborated to create interactive posters with images, links, and multimedia content. As you might expect, we are only bound by our imagination.

    ReplyDelete