Wow, I can't believe I'm done. It's been quite an experience for someone who is not very comfortable with technology. When all is said and done, however, it was a very worthwhile trip. It gave me a whole new view of the web and more specificully web 2.0. It's a place of social, work and interest interaction and collaboration. It's a place to have fun and, at the same time, to be serious in the pursuit of knowledge. Given all of that, the 23 things course was really just an introduction. I will need to go back over the material in a more leisurely way this summer to better evaluate what I can use and what is just not relevant to my students, my material or even my style. I do look at the overall course as a fine reference tool which I will refer to over time.
No matter how much I use or don't use of the 23 things, it has opened the door for me into the new world of communications for the current and furture generations. Before the course, I really didn't appreciate the revolution that was and is going on. I would go on and say that I am heartened by the both spoken and unspoken code of conduct which says that the web is to be used constructively, with sensitivity and concern for others. In closing, thank you for your support and patience. I feel that this has been far and away the best developmental experience I've had over the years and feel that it is something that every teacher could benefit from sooner rather than later.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope you share your journey with your students! I am proud of what you have accomplished. You are not allowed to tell people you are not comfortable with technology! When you look back on the past 12 weeks you have done some amazing things. Bravo!
ReplyDelete